All Apps and Add-ons

How do you set the License Usage App to use UTC time ?

Log_wrangler
Builder

Hi
I am having a lot of license overage issues so I decided to try the License Usage Dashboard APP
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3178/
But the problem is that my license rolls at UTC which is currently 1900 pm CST (Central USA).
When I look at the app I don't see a way to change the time to UTC so my results are inaccurate as the next day occurs at 1900 on the current day.

Do I have to edit the queries in the dashboard panels 1x1?
If anyone has experience with this app, please advise.
Thank you.

0 Karma

Dennis
Explorer

Hello Log_wranger,

Been a long time since you asked the question, but give this a try.

Add the following file within the app.  Go to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/licensequotausage/local, and create the new file props.conf.  Then the 1 line to enter related to your TZ setting would be:

TZ=UTC

Then restart Splunk.

0 Karma

Dennis
Explorer

Hello Log_wranger,

Been a long time since you asked the question, but give this a try.

Add the following file within the app.  Go to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/licensequotausage/local, and create the new file props.conf.  Then the 1 line to enter related to your TZ setting would be:

TZ=UTC

Then restart Splunk.

0 Karma

codebuilder
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You'll need to set UTC at the user level. Splunk displays results to the user based on the TZ set in their user profile.

Set the time zone for a user's search results

When you add or edit users using Splunk authentication, you can set a user time zone. Search results for that user will appear in the specified time zone. This setting, however, does not change the actual event data, whose time zone is determined at index time. For information on setting this value, see Configure users with Splunk Web in the Securing Splunk manual. 

See https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.6/Data/Applytimezoneoffsetstotimestamps for more details.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma

Log_wrangler
Builder

Thank you for your reply.

If I change my preferences to GMT the app works fine, but then I have to switch back for the search app.

I was looking for a way to set the "app" TZ=UTC...

but I don't know how to set that up...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...