All Apps and Add-ons

How do you add a Custom Tour to a Dashboard so that the tour is always opened?

DonaldvdHoogenb
Path Finder

I want to add a custom tour to a dashboard so that every time you open the dashboard, you have to work through the tour.
I am aware that in the local folder of the app I want the tour to appear in ("tour_makr"/local) you should place a ui-tour.conf file with the tour. I made my tour with the splunk app "Tour Creation App" so the ui-tour.conf file gets made automatically.

Now I want my tour to appear every time I open the dashboard named "Test_Dashboard" (which is in the "tour_makr" app)
In the ui-tour.conf file there is the following code:

[my_tour]
context = tour_makr
imgPath = /my_tour
label = my_tour
type = image
imageCaption1 = Slide number one
imageName1 = OpeningFile10.png
imageCaption2 = Slide number two
imageName2 = Slide11.png
imageCaption3 = Slide number three
imageName3 = Slide12.png

So can anybody tell me what I should do in order to make this tour appear every time I open the Dashboard called "Test_Dashboard"?

0 Karma
1 Solution

DonaldvdHoogenb
Path Finder

I have figured it out thanks to Mr. Bond, the creator of the app "Tour Creation App".
The url of my dashboard ends on the following: ...........test_dashboard?earliest=0&latest=now
But if you append your tour to the url it will open the tour. So change the url to the following:
...........test_dashboard?earliest=0&latest=now&tour=my_tour

Thank you very much Mr. Bond for your answer.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

DonaldvdHoogenb
Path Finder

I have figured it out thanks to Mr. Bond, the creator of the app "Tour Creation App".
The url of my dashboard ends on the following: ...........test_dashboard?earliest=0&latest=now
But if you append your tour to the url it will open the tour. So change the url to the following:
...........test_dashboard?earliest=0&latest=now&tour=my_tour

Thank you very much Mr. Bond for your answer.

0 Karma

utkarsh21

Hi,
I was able to manually change the URL and see the tour. But is there a way to permanently add it to a particular dashboard by changing its url somewhere in config files ?

thanks

0 Karma

paramagurukarth
Builder

You can add a form input box in the name "tour" initialize that with your tour name

0 Karma

asimagu
Builder

Have a look at this app. It may not be exactly what you want but you can get some ideas

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2991/#/overview

0 Karma

DonaldvdHoogenb
Path Finder

Hey asimagu,

Thank you for directing me to that app, I am sure I will learn a few things from it.
Unfortunately, the "welcome" app does not provide me with any information on how to solve the question above.
If you (or anyone else for that matter) know a way how to link tours to specific dashboards, please let me know!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...