All Apps and Add-ons

How do I send DB Connect indexed data to different non-clustered indexers?

hoopydave
Path Finder

I have 1 search head and 2 separate non-clustered indexers in my distributed environment. I am splitting data between the indexers since Indexer1 was filling up. With DB Connect, I've been indexing data from an database input to Indexer1. Now I am creating a new input and I want that data to be sent to Indexer2. Since there is nothing in the serverclass.conf that specifies what DBConnect data goes where, how to I specify that I want my new data to be sent to the new indexer? (Indexer2)

How does DB Connect know which indexer to send data to? Is it an all or nothing situation, or can I specify where I want the different inputs to be indexed?

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

Hi

Well splunk_app_for_dbconnect is just like any other app, so you can configure inputs.conf and outputs.conf the same way:

outputs.conf
[tcpout:new_db_connect_destination]
server = whatever:30001

inputs.conf
[mi_input://DEPT]
connection = wd701
enable_query_wrapping = 1
index = teste
interval = 60
max_rows = 10000
_TCP_ROUTING=new_db_connect_destination

0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

Please let me know if the answer was useful for you. If it was, accept it and upvote. If not, give us more input so we can help you with that

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...