All Apps and Add-ons

How do I remove list of Decommissioned hots from the List of "Missing Forwarders" I get from Splunk Monitoring console?

SamHTexas
Builder

How do I remove list of Decommissioned hots from the List of "Missing Forwarders" I get from Splunk Monitoring console? I get a list of Missing FWs located on hosts that are decommissioned on weekly basis. How do I clean it the list so I won't get repeated lists about the decommissioned boxes please? Thank u in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SamHTexas,

you have to rebuild the Monitored Forwarders list in [Settings -- Monitoring Console -- Settings -- Forwarder Monitoring Setup - Rebuild Forwarder Assets].

The Monitgoring Consule rebuiuld the list takeing the forwarders that sent logs in the last 24 hours, this parameter is configurable.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...