All Apps and Add-ons

How do I monitor mobile apps with Splunk MINT?

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

How do I monitor mobile apps with Splunk MINT? What if I don't have Splunk Enterprise? Can I still monitor mobile apps with MINT?

0 Karma
1 Solution

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can monitor mobile apps with MINT Management Console (MMC) without Splunk Enterprise. MMC uses sample data and displays data for 1 week. In addition to general and specialized dashboards, MINT with Splunk Enterprise lets you search your data using search queries to customize the data you want to see. For example, you can monitor transactions and the end-to-end process for a particular user to understand your customers' experience using your apps. You can search metadata for ad-hoc analysis of crashes, crash rates, and so forth.

To monitor your mobile data with Splunk MINT:
1. Get a Splunk MINT account.
2. Get the Splunk MINT SDKs. iOS and Android
3. Create projects for your mobile apps in Splunk MINT Management Console. (login and create a project for one variation of your mobile app (a platform and release stage, such as Android/Testing, or iOS/Release). You'll get an API key and a line of code to add for that particular platform.
4. Integrate MINT into your mobile apps.
5. View data for your mobile apps in MINT Management Console.
6. Set up the Splunk MINT Add-on to pull data from the MINT Data Collector.
7. View your MINT data in Splunk Enterprise.

See step-by-step instructions with details and screenshots.

View solution in original post

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can monitor mobile apps with MINT Management Console (MMC) without Splunk Enterprise. MMC uses sample data and displays data for 1 week. In addition to general and specialized dashboards, MINT with Splunk Enterprise lets you search your data using search queries to customize the data you want to see. For example, you can monitor transactions and the end-to-end process for a particular user to understand your customers' experience using your apps. You can search metadata for ad-hoc analysis of crashes, crash rates, and so forth.

To monitor your mobile data with Splunk MINT:
1. Get a Splunk MINT account.
2. Get the Splunk MINT SDKs. iOS and Android
3. Create projects for your mobile apps in Splunk MINT Management Console. (login and create a project for one variation of your mobile app (a platform and release stage, such as Android/Testing, or iOS/Release). You'll get an API key and a line of code to add for that particular platform.
4. Integrate MINT into your mobile apps.
5. View data for your mobile apps in MINT Management Console.
6. Set up the Splunk MINT Add-on to pull data from the MINT Data Collector.
7. View your MINT data in Splunk Enterprise.

See step-by-step instructions with details and screenshots.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...