All Apps and Add-ons

How do I install Python for Scientific Computing (for Windows 64-bit) for the Machine Learning Toolkit on Splunk Cloud?

Krasnodar
Explorer

Hi,
I'm trying to install Python for Scientific Computing to be able to run the Machinea Learing toolkit. I found this, "How do I install Python for Scientific Computing (for Linux 64-bit) for the Machine Learning Toolkit on Splunk Cloud?" (no hyperlink because lack of karma, sorry), but I run Windows 64 bit and I can't find the corresponding Windows app =( Can anyone help me, please?

Best Regards
Martin

grana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

You can download and install Python scientific app for windows (on premise) from following location

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2883/

The other way to install the PSC would be to go to Splunk Manage App setting and search for python scientific app windows version and install it by logging into your splunkbase account

0 Karma

Krasnodar
Explorer

Hi,

Thank you. I've managed to download (via the link you provided) and install PSC on my computer earlier, but I fail to connect it to splunk cloud. At the Manage App setting the PSC for windows is nowhere to be found and trying to run the Machine Learing Tool Kit it still tells me to install PSC.

0 Karma

grana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Is it a free trial version cloud instance? How did you install MLTK on cloud instance?

How do you know your cloud instance is windows machine?

Contact support to install PSC on your cloud instance

Or you can also search for python scientific app on Manage app page

Can you share the Splunk version info?

0 Karma

grana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Additionally you can login to your cloud instance and Go to Apps--> Manage Apps--> Click on Browse more apps and Enter "scientific" in the search bar

You will see Python for scientific app and MLTK on the right hand side. Go ahead and install it through your splunkbase account

0 Karma

Krasnodar
Explorer

Yes it's a trial version (is that a problem?).
Ah! No I have no idea that my cloud instance is running windows (I thought it was suppose to be windows since I'm using windows machine).
No luck trying to install PSC vai the manage app page.
I belvie it's Splunk version 6.6.3.2 (that's what it says on the tab in the browswer anyway).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...