All Apps and Add-ons

How do I implement visualizations from the Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples app into my dashboard?

_dave_b
Communicator

Hi.

I downloaded the Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples app and found an example that I want to use (It's the Table Icon Set (Rangemap)). How do I fit it into my dashboard?

I see the xml, css, and js code. Do I just paste it into my dashboard source? Are the icons included as part of the Splunk installation? How do I specify the values with which to the icons get associated?

Thanks for your help.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

_dave_b
Communicator

Thanks. It answers a few, if not all, questions and gets me started in the right direction, but looks like the parts specific to the Sankey chart are not applicable to the Rangemap, and thats where I start to get lost.

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

copy the following files:

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/simple_xml_examples/appserver/static/table_icons_rangemap.js
 /opt/splunk/etc/apps/simple_xml_examples/appserver/static/table_decorations.css

to

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/NameOfYourApp/appserver/static/

and add this to the XML of your dashboard:

<dashboard script="table_icons_rangemap.js" stylesheet="table_decorations.css">

Either restart splunkweb or use _bump at this URL http[s]://YourSlunkServer:YourSplunkPort/en-GB/_bump click Bump Version and your dashboard should work

cheers, MuS

_dave_b
Communicator

Thanks MuS. I copied the files and restarted Splunk, but no visualizations in my display table. I must have discrepencies between my search and what's allowed to be visualized.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...