All Apps and Add-ons

How do I get access to The Security Playbook app?

klaxdal
Contributor

I would love to have access to this app - how do I go about it? Can't seem to find much information in that regard.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

klaxdal
Contributor

Looks like the GIT hub was updated today with specific instructions - so I will mark this as answered

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mcbradford
Contributor

Is that proton mail.com or proton.com I did not think you could have a space??

0 Karma

klaxdal
Contributor

proton mail dot com

remove the space and add a "."

0 Karma

DUThibault
Contributor

So it should not be "brazowy at proton mail dot com" but rather "brazowy at proton dot mail dot com".

0 Karma

DUThibault
Contributor

proton.mail.com is not recognized. Looks like it should really be "brazowy at protonmail dot com".

0 Karma

mcbradford
Contributor

Doksu - who does the email go to? I have reached out to my rep, but he does not know who to send the email or request to in order to get me the application? Is my Splunk rep a "splunker"? This is not very clear at all.

0 Karma

rdeloach
Explorer

+Please e-mail brazowy at proton mail dott com from your organisation-provided e-mail account (ideally PGP/SMIME signed) with the exact subject line "Security Playbook Project Registration". This is required so association with your organisation can be confirmed but will be kept in strict confidence. Please include your github account in the e-mail so we can send you a repository invite. The github account you provide does not need to be associated in any way with your organisation.

I tried this but still haven't heard back as of yet.

0 Karma

doksu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The reason you haven't heard back yet is because it's 2am on a Saturday morning :P. Those requests have now been actioned.

rdeloach
Explorer

Thank you!

0 Karma

mcbradford
Contributor

The github really does not tell you how to get it. It states it is US-CERT amber. I reached out to US-CERT within my sector and asked them to search the portal and provide me a copy, but they are unable to find it????

0 Karma

klaxdal
Contributor

@ mcbradford

github indeed tells one how to get access . Look at recent changes :

Please e-mail brazowy at proton mail dott com from your organisation-provided e-mail account (ideally PGP/SMIME signed) with the exact subject line "Security Playbook Project Registration". This is required so association with your organisation can be confirmed but will be kept in strict confidence. Please include your github account in the e-mail so we can send you a repository invite. The github account you provide does not need to be associated in any way with your organisation.

0 Karma

DUThibault
Contributor

The above instructions ("Please e-mail brazowy...") are not visible on https://github.com/doksu/TheSecurityPlaybookProject as of October 2017.

0 Karma

doksu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

US-CERT has no relationship with this project. They're merely an organisation that uses the TLP information-sharing standard (and a succinct explanation of it).

0 Karma

klaxdal
Contributor

Looks like the GIT hub was updated today with specific instructions - so I will mark this as answered

0 Karma

wcgage
Path Finder

It says that I have to request from a splunker or splunk trustee.....

whom?

0 Karma

doksu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This community was only established a few days ago. A blog post will be published shortly providing more background information. Essentially, it's closed to ethical security professionals and the content is TLP:Amber. As such, a person's background needs to be vetted before membership is granted. The exact mechanism for this is still being refined. If you're on Slack ping me (trustedsubject), otherwise contact a Splunk employee who can provide a referral.

Looking forward to your contribution to the community. 🙂

hunters_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Klaxdal, could you specify which app you wish to access? Thanks!

0 Karma

rdeloach_adt
Engager

The Security Playbook app, https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3378/

0 Karma

klaxdal
Contributor

Correct - The Security Playbook app, https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3378/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...