All Apps and Add-ons

How do I edit the dashboards within the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure?

kearaspoor
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I need to adjust most of the dashboards within the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure so that they don't auto-launch but instead run on schedules, the form inputs are removed and/or default to other settings but I can't find a way into the XML/HTML to do so.

From the App, I go into View Dashboards and there are no options for editing.
I selected one to experiment with and selected "Clone" . That then gives me the option to Edit. But the only choices in the further drop down is to Edit Details, Edit Description or Edit Permissions. But there is no option to Edit Source or Edit the panels.

I've also tried to go into the User Interface> Views but the dashboards aren't available.

I'm assuming it's all hidden somewhere and I need to know where.
Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

jbernt_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi there,
The build in dashboards in the Windows Infrastructure app are not meant to be edited. You may clone the dashboards and use those to make edits if/when necessary, but the built in ones should stay static. Also, these are not Splunk dashboards, but Windows Infrastructure dashboards which are specific to the app. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

jbernt_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi there,
The build in dashboards in the Windows Infrastructure app are not meant to be edited. You may clone the dashboards and use those to make edits if/when necessary, but the built in ones should stay static. Also, these are not Splunk dashboards, but Windows Infrastructure dashboards which are specific to the app. Hope this helps.

kearaspoor
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I was assuming that editing the built in dashboards wasn't a good idea. But I'm still stumped why I can't edit the cloned ones beyond which panels they contain, the permissions and the description.

0 Karma

jbernt_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We may add additional functionality in the future, but this was a not a feature we could get in for the triage bar. Please do make the request using official channels so our team in charge of the app can see that it's an important feature request. 🙂

kearaspoor
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thank you for the quick reply! I've submitted an enhancement request as you suggested.

0 Karma

tonykung

it seems to be a permission issue. you can edit the cloned ones because you own those.

0 Karma

kearaspoor
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm attempting all of this as the admin account.
It also doesn't explain why I can't edit the source or panels on the dashboard that I've cloned or why I can't see any of the background code through the UI/Views.

0 Karma

tonykung

you can edit source when you are viewing the dashboard. I can't edit it in the dashboard list view either.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...