All Apps and Add-ons

How do I correct a license violation?

jaminquimby
Explorer

Correct by midnight to avoid violation
This pool is over poolsz=524288000 bytes, please correct before midnight auto_generated_pool_download-trial
download-trial
pool_over_quota

0 Karma

grijhwani
Motivator

Reduce your throughput. Essentially it means you have indexed more than your licence allows in the last day. You cannot correct a violation that has already happened. You can only wait for it to expire. You are using a 500MB/day trial licence.

On an enterprise licence you if you exceed your daily throughput 5 times in any 30 day window (3 times on a free licence) your search facilities will be suspended until the first instance has expired from the window. If push comes to shove and some anomaly pushes you out of your licence capacity temporarily, Splunk can issue a reset licence.

0 Karma

grijhwani
Motivator

If you are pumping in historical data, then yes it is very easy to blow your licence, because it attaches to the day of indexing, not the timestamp of the record. As for correction, it means correct the problem causing you to exceed. You can't do anything to correct a day already over, other than request a reset licence. BUT, if you know you are going to blow your cap for a day, you may as well make the most of it. If you are pumping in historic data, try to get it all through in a day. Either that or throttle back, because after the fifth day you will be locked out of the UI.

jaminquimby
Explorer

I just started with Splunk I am indexing historical data for the first time. I have messed up a few times and had to uninstall and reinstall.

I am still setting up my forwarders: two IIS folder locations and 1 SQL table with 4 columns nothing special.

It said I had to correct the violation and I am curious on how to do that. I am also curious as if my search is disabled or if my new forwarder I not working.

How do I know if the forwarder is broke or search is disabled?

• I am on day 2 of using Splunk and like most problems in IT it boils down to licensing. *
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...