All Apps and Add-ons

How do I change the app id of my app on Splunkbase?

wnguyen
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

How do I change the app id of my app? I would like to change the app id of my app on Splunkbase but keep getting an error when attempting to upload a new version.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mglauser_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Changing the app id is strongly discouraged, as it's used to uniquely identify the app within Splunkbase, which is necessary for checking for updates by users as well as tracking download stats.

If you still wish to use a new app id, you can reupload the package as a new app and request to delete the original app.

View solution in original post

mglauser_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Changing the app id is strongly discouraged, as it's used to uniquely identify the app within Splunkbase, which is necessary for checking for updates by users as well as tracking download stats.

If you still wish to use a new app id, you can reupload the package as a new app and request to delete the original app.

maciep
Champion

I'm not positive, but based on this session from conf this year, it doesn't sound like you can. He talks about it around the 5:30 point in the recording.

Best Practices for Developing Splunk Apps and Add-ons

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...