All Apps and Add-ons

How do I capture users' IP addresses in Splunk Supporting Add-on for Active Directory?

TitanAE

I'm pulling in Active Directory(AD) Data. It's a mix of Splunk on Windows and Splunk on Linux. That way, I can better understand the differences between the systems. What I'm noticing... the Data looks janky and not very usable:

Example - https://imgur.com/a/80WzCNC

A few things I would like to see:

1. User's machine ip. I have 2 users, Garbage and Administrator. However, Splunk is only capturing a few AD events. I am not capturing the users IP Address information. Is there any way to do this?

2a. What should I expect from capturing Application and Security events data? When I capture the data it looks like all I'm seeing is the security events message. This is great in the short term if we see user 'Gespacio' is unable to install an App and GP blocked them. Less so when an actual security incident happens.

2b. Is even capturing Application and Security data worth it in the long run?

2c. I wanted to confirm that 'evt_resolve_ad_obj = x' does indeed tie a security or application event to a user and their LDAP data.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...