All Apps and Add-ons

How do I allow non-admins to make new website monitoring inputs?

LBG_Ankit

I have all the capabilities already but still user is not able to configure the website here is the error he is getting,
Configuration
Global configuration for Website Monitoring

Sorry, you don't have permission to perform setup
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/272217/website-monitoring-how-do-i-grant-access-to-add-a.html

Please suggest what capabilities I should give now?

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

Have someone who is has administrator complete setup first (i.e. hit the "save" button on the setup page). Then you should be able to create and edit inputs.

0 Karma

LBG_Ankit

Thanks Luke Murphey for your express reply. I have successfully setup this app in splunk. But now I am getting 407 error in response tab under status overview dashboard? Please suggest how can I resolve this?
Also my role as an administrator for Splunk, can do all types of configurations. Please suggest what capabilities I should give to any user created splunk role so that he can also perform the configuration for website monitoring app?

Thanks

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

A 407 response usually means that a web proxy isn't allowing access due to authentication failure. I would check the proxy configuration.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...