All Apps and Add-ons

How can i change the id of a dashboard?

lostcauz3
Path Finder

how can i change the id of a dashboard?

The name and description  i can edit but how to change the dashboard id after it has been created?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @lostcauz3,

if for ID you are meaning the name of the dashboard (of the file), the only way is cloning it with the correct name and delete the old one, the dashboard name cannot be changed.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

lostcauz3
Path Finder

thanks @gcusello  i have done it the same way you mentioned, was just thinking if there was any alternate.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @lostcauz3,

for my knowledge there isn't another way to do this.

Also renaming by operative system isn't a good way because you have to modify the name in more conf files and you have to restart Splunk.

anyway, see next time.

Ciao and happy splunking.

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @lostcauz3,

if for ID you are meaning the name of the dashboard (of the file), the only way is cloning it with the correct name and delete the old one, the dashboard name cannot be changed.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...