All Apps and Add-ons

How can I search by token in the Lookup editor app on the dashboard?

zeinstein
Path Finder

Hi,

I'm using the lookup editor app on my dashboard.
I'd like to use its search with a token I have from the dashboard.
E.g. I have a lookup of bike owners and bike names and I want to search in the lookup editor (using its own searchbar) for given bike owners. I have a token in my dashboards which holds the name of a given bike owner. I just want to use that $bike_owner$ token in the lookup search.

Any ideas on how to do that?
Thanks!

Z.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi zeinstein,
You can call Lookup Editor to open a Lookup from the menu bar of an app, but it isn't possible to pass a parameter to the main form of this App because it doesn't use a search, it only display the content of a lookup (csv or kvstore) so it isn't possible to pass to it a token.

The Search bar that you find in the App is the same of the other Apps, if you run a search in this form, you have events as output.

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...