All Apps and Add-ons

How can I save a value and then use it to set a parameter in the Splunk MLTK?

monicamendoza95

As a simplified example, my data looks like this:

alt text

I would like to cluster my points with MLTK's DBSCAN, using radius for the eps parameter.
My radius column is the result of an eval function. All the rows have the same value.

I am trying to use this command:

… | fit DBSCAN eps=radius metric*

But I get this error:

Error in 'fit' command: Error while initializing algorithm "DBSCAN": Invalid value for eps: must be a float

Even though when I use isnum(radius) the result is TRUE

0 Karma

grana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

You need to specify eps=0.3 instead of eps=radius as eps accepts only numeric value

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/MLApp/2.3.0/User/Algorithms#DBSCAN

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Thanks,

0 Karma

monicamendoza95

Specifying eps=0.3 works.
However, my "radius" value is a result of previous data manipulation (I run several SPL commands beforehand to obtain that value). If I change my data source but run the same commands, "radius" will change. So for example, it could range from 0.1 to 1.0
This is why I would like to use a variable "radius," rather than a hard-coded number.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...