All Apps and Add-ons

How can I populate the Proactive Monitoring Dashboard in "Splunk App for VMware"

harshal_chakran
Builder

Hi,

I am trying to implement the hierarchical tree mapping dashboard similar to the one in Proactive Monitoring dashboard of App : Splunk App for VMWare

alt text

Problem is I don't have any Vmware performance data to populate this graph, also unable to find any sample logs online. If possible, can anybody share the link where I can find this sample data. (I will use the sample to generate more events using EventGen)

Moreover I am trying to tweak the JavaScript file which includes searches, but the file is huge and will take time for me to understand. Although I am trying for it, it would be great if I can get some sample data or suggest some other way to implement the same.

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma
1 Solution

harshal_chakran
Builder

Finally able to load the dashboard.
I found the sample CSV's in "samples" folder of Splunk Add-On for Vmware (I regret not checking it first).
These CSV files includes the column for - index, source, host, sourcetype and raw ,which needs to be used while uploading.

At first, I uploaded a single file, only to see that the source column became "extracted_source" and host became "extracted_host" in interesting fields.

But I am able to resolve this using Field Alias setting, mentioning the "extracted_source" as source and "extracted_host" as host and raw as _raw for each sourcetype ,before CSV file upload.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

harshal_chakran
Builder

Finally able to load the dashboard.
I found the sample CSV's in "samples" folder of Splunk Add-On for Vmware (I regret not checking it first).
These CSV files includes the column for - index, source, host, sourcetype and raw ,which needs to be used while uploading.

At first, I uploaded a single file, only to see that the source column became "extracted_source" and host became "extracted_host" in interesting fields.

But I am able to resolve this using Field Alias setting, mentioning the "extracted_source" as source and "extracted_host" as host and raw as _raw for each sourcetype ,before CSV file upload.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...