All Apps and Add-ons

How can I install it in Mac?

chenhaoyu

I have no experience to install spl file in my mac. And I can't figure out how to do that? Could someone help me out?

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

you also can install the app as .spl using the command
./splunk install app myfile.spl

or rename to .tar.gz and untar, or use tar -xvf

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

yes, all apps on splunkbase are for splunk, and used to provide knowledge objects, dashboards, searches, collectors for interconnection with other applications or devices,

a minimum deployment looks like :
a splunk core install + eventually apps from splunkbase
and eventually splunk universal forwarders install + eventually apps from splunkbase

0 Karma

chenhaoyu

I just signed up this account of Splunk. Should every software in this website be only run in splunk platform ? if not in splunk platform, we can't use them?

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

An .spl file is just a tar.gz file with a different extension. Put the file in your $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps directory and unpack it using a tool like tar -xvf. Depending on the app or add-on, you might need to restart Splunk. You can also install many apps and add-ons automatically from within Splunk Web. For more information, see Where to get more apps and add-ons in the Admin Manual.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...