All Apps and Add-ons

How can I index Netflow logs?

khanlarloo
Explorer

Hi,
I want to send my router's Netflow logs to Splunk.
How can I do that?
I installed Splunk in Linux Centos 7 and installed the Splunk Add-on for NetFlow, but my logs still don't show in Splunk.

0 Karma
1 Solution

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Take a look at Splunk Stream - its a far more robust way of collecting the data (and lots more)!
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/StreamApp/7.1.1/DeployStreamApp/ConfigureFlowcollector

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Take a look at Splunk Stream - its a far more robust way of collecting the data (and lots more)!
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/StreamApp/7.1.1/DeployStreamApp/ConfigureFlowcollector

0 Karma

khanlarloo
Explorer

should i install netflow programm to collect my data and then send them to splunk?

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

If you install Splunk TA Stream on a Heavy Forwarder you have all the components you need.

From the doc above:
edit

[streamfwd]
netflowReceiver.0.ip = <your hvy fwd ip>
netflowReceiver.0.port = 9995
netflowReceiver.0.decoder = netflow

then configure your network devices to send netflow to <your hvy fwd id> :9995

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Depending on the volume of traffic you may want to install the independent stream forwarder...

0 Karma

khanlarloo
Explorer

tanx i do it and it works

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...