All Apps and Add-ons

How can I feed NetApp FAS2020 filer logs to Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP

harshal_chakran
Builder

Hi,
I need to know whether the NetApp FAS2020 filer logs can be fed to Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP and how? If not, then which data logs can be fed to it?

Please reply...!!!

0 Karma
1 Solution

halr9000
Motivator

The app docs have a page which lists the supported versions. It's not based on your FAS model, but on the version of Data ONTAP firmware which you have installed. If your array doesn't have the required version of Data ONTAP, you can still send syslog alerts from your FAS to Splunk quite easily. That would not require that you install the ONTAP app, but there might be some useful field extractions in the app. Don't expect many of the dashboard panels to work, except for the ones which display syslog data (there's only one or two of those).

If you just wanted to do syslog, here are the docs for that part.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

halr9000
Motivator

The app docs have a page which lists the supported versions. It's not based on your FAS model, but on the version of Data ONTAP firmware which you have installed. If your array doesn't have the required version of Data ONTAP, you can still send syslog alerts from your FAS to Splunk quite easily. That would not require that you install the ONTAP app, but there might be some useful field extractions in the app. Don't expect many of the dashboard panels to work, except for the ones which display syslog data (there's only one or two of those).

If you just wanted to do syslog, here are the docs for that part.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...