All Apps and Add-ons

How can I change aws app scheduled searches to use aws data in index aws_data instead of default (main)?

radam2000
Path Finder

How can I change aws app scheduled searches to use aws data in index aws_data instead of default (main)?

I have Splunk Cloud environment
I am configuring the aws add-on for splunk inputs to place data in an index called aws_data rather than have it go to default (main) index...

I see data in my aws_data index but splunk app doesn't seem to see it with its scheduled searches... Do i need to sitch the data index back to default (main) for the app to properly process the data in its dashboards or can I change which index the schedule searches use using the CIM tool or other methods??

Thank you

Rich

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mledford
Explorer

You can edit the macros.conf and change all instances of "index=main" to "index=aws_data"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mledford
Explorer

You can edit the macros.conf and change all instances of "index=main" to "index=aws_data"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...