All Apps and Add-ons

Help with multiple series forecasting

winknotes
Path Finder

I've read a few posts here related to this topic but can't find a workable solution.  

I have 200+ devices that I want to forecast Write Response Time for each device out 30 days.  My initial query to gather the data from a metric index is in a lookup table.  So I've tried this based on another similar post but I don't get any data for the predict command:

| inputlookup eg.csv
| dedupe device_name
| map maxsearches=5 search=" | inputlookup eg.csv | search device=$device_name$ | timechart span=1d avg(WriteRT) as avgWriteRT | predict avgWriteRT future_timespan=30 | eval device=$device_name$"
| table _time, WriteRT, "prediction(WriteRT)", device

I suspect it has something to do with 'search device=$device_name$' but unsure what that might be.  Running the inputlookup up to the predict command does return results minus the device_name.  

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...