All Apps and Add-ons

Help on splunk firegen aspps as it is not working or displaying datas in the dashboard,not working with my asa 5520 in splunk firegen for cisco asa

nbnsplunk121820

Help on splunk firegen aspps as it is not working or displaying datas in the dashboard,Need help because splunk firegen apps is not working with my asa 5520 for cisco asa

0 Karma

adigrio
Path Finder

Hi,

Can you confirm that you have the Splunk Add-on for Cisco ASA installed? This creates the sourcetype and the parsers that are needed to extract the required fields from the ASA logs. If this is installed correctly, the indexed events should indicate cisco:asa as sourcetype.

If the add-on for Cisco ASA is installed, the next step is to confirm that you do have entries in the associated index. When you launch the Firegen for Cisco ASA app for the first time, it will ask you to specify the index used for the ASA logs. Verify that the index used by the FIregen app is the one where the logs are (you can rerun the Setup from the Managed Apps page):
alt text

This sets the cisco_asa_index macro that is used by the FIregen app.

Please verify these two things and then let us know if it still doesn't work so we can troubleshoot it further.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...