All Apps and Add-ons

Has anybody been successful with configuring the Splunk Support for Active Directory app on Splunk 6.1.1?

musskopf
Builder

Hello,

I've downloaded the new version of Splunk Support for Active Directory, or SA-ldapsearch app, and I wasn't able to use it. Tried multiple configuration combinations but nothing seems to work, it's returning multiple kinds of errors on the screen mentioning "404", "ldapkey", etc. Here some messages from SA-ldapsearch.log:

2014-10-14 14:06:54,274, Level=ERROR, Pid=4921, File=search_command.py, Line=342, Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/apps/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ldapsearch/bin/packages/splunklib/searchcommands/search_command.py", line 316, in process
    self._execute(operation, reader, writer)
  File "/apps/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ldapsearch/bin/packages/splunklib/searchcommands/generating_command.py", line 79, in _execute
    for record in operation():
  File "/apps/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ldapsearch/bin/ldapsearch.py", line 79, in generate
    configuration = app.Configuration(self)
  File "/apps/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ldapsearch/bin/packages/app/configuration.py", line 42, in __init__
    self._read_configuration()
  File "/apps/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ldapsearch/bin/packages/app/configuration.py", line 151, in _read_configuration
    configuration_file = command.service.confs['ldap']
  File "/apps/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ldapsearch/bin/packages/splunklib/client.py", line 1599, in __getitem__
    raise KeyError(key)
KeyError: 'ldap'

2014-10-14 14:12:51,172, Level=ERROR, Pid=6750, File=search_command.py, Line=278, Abnormal exit: Cannot find the default configuration stanza: HTTP 404 Not Found -- ldap does not exist.

I'm keen to get the new features like able to specify "base" at search time. I tried to run it on Splunk 6.1.1.

Cheers

wyodoc1
Explorer

For those following this post and with alerts set, rather than double post check this post http://answers.splunk.com/answers/229277/splunk-support-for-active-directory-why-does-ldaps.html

0 Karma

mvergetis

Hello all,

Unfortunately we are facing the same problem here. We have no results when using the dashboards on the path: active Directory > Users > User Reports > All (and all the others as well.). When running the query << |secrpt-all-users(DATASECLAB) >> we get the following error:

External search command 'ldapsearch' returned error code 1. Script output = " ERROR Cannot find the configuration stanza for domain=***** in ldap.conf. "

And when looking at the sa-ldap-search.log we get the following:

Level=ERROR, Pid=3524, File=search_command.py, Line=282, Abnormal exit: '****'

Is this a known issue? We are using the latest version of ldapsearch. What should we do?

Thank you in advance

0 Karma

m4him7
Path Finder

I find it interesting that the app is released before it has gone through quality control.

jonah13
Engager

I downvoted this post because it isn't an answer, constructive, or even true. this looks to be a configuration error from the python traceback.

0 Karma

johnjj7141
Explorer

did you configure the ldap.conf in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/SA-ldapsearch/local/ldap.conf?

I had to create the "local" directory, copy the ldap.conf from the ../default/ to local.

I cannot get V2.0 to connect to my LDAP but V1.1.3 connects and runs with no issue on Splunk V6.1.1

I have posted a question with my configs and ldap log results. Keep getting an "Invalid DN" from V2.0

bwindham
Path Finder

When will this fix be out? I am also getting the "...configuration stanza for domain=None" message.

0 Karma

shandman
Path Finder

Same. That's a couple days of my life i'm never getting back. /sigh

0 Karma

huck82
Engager

Same issue for me too. On Splunk 6.1.4, SA-ldapsearch 2.0 returns "External search command 'ldapsearch' returned error code 1. Script output = " ERROR Cannot find the configuration stanza for domain=None. " I've reverted to using SA-ldapsearch 1.1.3 and it works fine.

0 Karma

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Sorry - didn't see this until today. We got a whole bunch of support questions about this app and my recommendation is to wait for 2.0.1 before upgrading at this point. It's currently going through QA and will be released shortly.

0 Karma

fabiob
Explorer

Same issue for me too. On Splunk 6.1.3 and 6.2.0, SA-ldapsearch 2.0 returns "External search command 'ldapsearch' returned error code 1. Script output = " ERROR Cannot find the configuration stanza for domain=None. "

0 Karma

musskopf
Builder

Same over here... 1.1.3 works fine but 2.0 I tried lots of different combinations and it doesn't work.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...