All Apps and Add-ons

Google Maps drilldown

jamesdon
Path Finder

Hello,

I am writing and adv. xml page that leverages the Google maps app to display where VPN users are. I now want to be able to click on the location to pull up a table of information on the users in that area. I enabled the drilldown parameter and noticed that I see a finger in place of the hand when hovered over a number. When I click it, it zooms in. I tried to turn off doubleClickZoom, but the results are the same.

Is it supposed to launch a search as is? Anyone else with this issue? Do I need to add an intention?

Thank you,

Jim

<!-- Google Map. -->
                  <module name="GenericHeader" layoutPanel="graphArea">
                    <param name="label">Google Map</param>
                  </module>
                  <module name="HiddenSearch" layoutPanel="graphArea" autoRun="true">
                      <param name="search"> | dedup vpn_index | localop | geoip public_ip</param>
                      <module name="GoogleMaps">
                        <param name="doubleClickZoom">off</param>
                        <param name="height">800px</param>
                        <param name="mapType">roadmap</param>
                        <param name="drilldown">true</param>
                        <param name="scrollwheel">off</param>
                        <param name="streetViewControl">on</param>
                      </module>
0 Karma
1 Solution

ziegfried
Influencer

The easiest way is probably to study the 2 demo views that ship with the app.

The module supports drilldown in 2 ways:

Custom field drilldown

When using the module in a custom dashboard, you can specify a drilldown field. All unique field values are then collected per location. When a marker or Cluster is clicked, those values are automatically combined/formatted in the form of

((<drilldown_field>=<value1>) OR (<drilldown_fields>=<value2) OR ...)

This partitial search string will be propagated to downstream modules as a setting (maps.drilldown) an can be leveraged using eg. a stringreplace intention.

Automatic drilldown

When there is no drilldown_field specified the drilldown can only happen when a marker is clicked that represents a single location (ie. not when a cluster is clicked). So when a marker with 2 or more locations (distinct _geo values) is clicked, the maps view will be centered on the cluster location and the zoom level will be incremented. In the case of a single location the module will propagate the setting maps.click containing the _geo value. This setting can be used in all kinds of intentions (stringreplace, addterm, etc) or using the GeoDrilldown Module which will essentially append | search _geo=<value> to the search string.

View solution in original post

ziegfried
Influencer

The easiest way is probably to study the 2 demo views that ship with the app.

The module supports drilldown in 2 ways:

Custom field drilldown

When using the module in a custom dashboard, you can specify a drilldown field. All unique field values are then collected per location. When a marker or Cluster is clicked, those values are automatically combined/formatted in the form of

((<drilldown_field>=<value1>) OR (<drilldown_fields>=<value2) OR ...)

This partitial search string will be propagated to downstream modules as a setting (maps.drilldown) an can be leveraged using eg. a stringreplace intention.

Automatic drilldown

When there is no drilldown_field specified the drilldown can only happen when a marker is clicked that represents a single location (ie. not when a cluster is clicked). So when a marker with 2 or more locations (distinct _geo values) is clicked, the maps view will be centered on the cluster location and the zoom level will be incremented. In the case of a single location the module will propagate the setting maps.click containing the _geo value. This setting can be used in all kinds of intentions (stringreplace, addterm, etc) or using the GeoDrilldown Module which will essentially append | search _geo=<value> to the search string.

jamesdon
Path Finder

Excellent, thank you! And thanks for the app too, it is AWESOME!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...