All Apps and Add-ons

Google Maps Bug in View with any 'Switcher' module

EStallcup
Path Finder

I'm encountering a bug when using the GoogleMaps module in a view that uses a switcher module (TabSwitcher, PulldownSwitcher, etc...) to select between different saved searches executed over varying time frames. For some reason, the map isn't rendering in any browser. It seems as though the Google map module in my view isn't taking advantage of the screen space I've allocated for it in the layoutPanel I've added it to (right now it's just panel_row1_col1).

I've taken a couple of screenshots. The first screenshot shows a piechart that is the first chart on the screen by default. The second screenshot shows when I use the PulldownSwitcher to select 'google maps', which then displays a mangled world map.

Is this a known bug with Splunk 4.1.3, or has anyone encountered similar issues when trying to incorporate the GoogleMaps module in a search app view? I haven't been able to find any bugs related to Google Maps that target this specific issue.

Any help/feedback is much appreciated!!!

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's more that the GoogleMaps module doesn't react well to having its DOM elements arbitrarily shown and hidden. I have seen similar problems reported using GoogleMaps module in Sideview XML views fwiw. Some of the problem, possibly all, may be fixable by hacking the Switcher modules to broadcast some google-specific event that the GoogleMaps module listens for, along the lines of a resize event, or at any rate some event at the receipt of which it will re-render/resize itself. However I'm afraid I don't know of anyone that has attempted such a fix.

0 Karma

disha
Contributor

Any Updates?

0 Karma

EStallcup
Path Finder

Thanks for adding tags Hibbin, I totally forgot to 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...