All Apps and Add-ons

Google Import/Export app configuration

moberoi
Explorer

Hi there,

I got the Google Import/export app installed and followed the instructions here How to setup app  on how to set it up. When I try to configure the app and give the service account key, there is no confirmation/direction after that step and the screen doesn't go past the message "The service account key is currently stored in secure storage. "

How do I sync a spreadsheet from Google Drive to Splunk using this app? I see no interface for doing that in our Splunk Cloud. Can you please shed some light on the process, or if there is any command you have to use when importing a spreadsheet?

Also, I have given the edit permission to the service account email in the google drive folder and have a test file in it.

Would really appreciate if anyone or @LukeMurphey can provide some help here.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ashajambagi
Communicator

Hi @moberoi 

You have to configure inputs in  Settings > Data Inputs > Google Spreadsheet

View solution in original post

ashajambagi
Communicator

Hi @moberoi 

Did you define inputs to import or export from Google sheet in Data inputs?

0 Karma

moberoi
Explorer

Please refer the screenshot in the previous comment.

0 Karma

moberoi
Explorer

Hi @ashajambagi 

No, whenever I open the app it asks to set it up again and takes me to the setup screen. No other menu or option is visible in the app.

0 Karma

ashajambagi
Communicator

Hi @moberoi 

You have to configure inputs in  Settings > Data Inputs > Google Spreadsheet

moberoi
Explorer

That worked, I was missing this step. Thank you for helping out @ashajambagi!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...