All Apps and Add-ons

Fortinet FortiGate App for Splunk: Why am I receiving this Error in 'SearchParser' and that macro cannot be found in every panel on the dashboard?

znin
Engager

This is in every panel on the dashboard - "Error in 'SearchParser': The search specifies a macro 'fgt_logs' that cannot be found. Reasons include: the macro name is misspelled, you do not have "read" permission for the macro, or the macro has not been shared with this application. Click Settings, Advanced search, Search Macros to view macro information. "

In "Advanced search"-"search macro" I have only "_ftnt_dropdown(2)"

tstats summariesonly=true count FROM datamodel="ftnt_fos" WHERE nodename="$node$" groupby $field$ | rename $field$ as field | eval field_with_count = field . " (" . count . ")"

When I search data in Splunk-search I saw every log from fortigate.

Help me with this problem. What can I do?

0 Karma
1 Solution

jerryzhao
Contributor

I suspect you didn't install the add-on for fortigate, where the macros are defined.
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2846/

View solution in original post

Vox
Hello
Is it possible for someone to help? 
I entered the log information into program, but the graphs do not show anything.
s1.pngs2.pngs3.png

0 Karma

DanielPi

Hi @Vox,

I’m a Community Moderator in the Splunk Community. 
This question was posted 5 years ago, so it might not get the attention you need for your question to be answered. We recommend that you post a new question so that your issue can get the visibility it deserves. To increase your chances of getting help from the community, follow these guidelines in the Splunk Answers User Manual when creating your post.

Thank you! 

0 Karma

jerryzhao
Contributor

I suspect you didn't install the add-on for fortigate, where the macros are defined.
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2846/

znin
Engager

Thank's jerryzhao. This is it. But now I have in dashboard overview - "Device 0", "Session 0" ect. And in dashboard traffic "No result found" on every panels.
When I search data in Splunk-search I saw every log from fortigate.

0 Karma

jerryzhao
Contributor

what are the sourcetypes shown in your search result? fgt_log? or fgt_event/fgt_traffic, etc? Please take a look at the troubleshooting section in the app's details.

0 Karma

znin
Engager

It works. Removing/uninstall app and add-on, reinstalling, copying the props.conf file from the default folder to the local folder, and editing this file (fgt_log change) helped.
Thanks again for help in need.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...