All Apps and Add-ons

Fortigate logs are not in CIM data models

test_qweqwe
Builder

So, logs from Fortinet successfully come to Splunk, but not to Data Model. When I checked Pivot of SIM, there are 0 events.
What should I do to fix it?

0 Karma

mikkorh
Explorer

I have a bit related problem, with CIM 4.12.0, ES 5.2.1 and Splunk 7.2.3 the signature from IPS says "unknown" instead of real signature sent by device. Signatures are however visible in Fortigate App for Splunk in the same Splunk instance. I can't seem to pinpoint where this gets broken. 😕 Any advice?

0 Karma

jerryzhao
Contributor

sorry i didn't check back. you might have found a solution or given up, but fwiw, please make sure fgt_traffic, fgt_event, or fgt_utm sourcetypes are populated by the add-on as indication that the add-on is actually working. You can do that by search sourcetype= any of the 3 sourcetype listed above. And we can investigate further from there if fortigate logs is still not going into CIM model.

0 Karma

jerryzhao
Contributor

do you mean fortigate logs are not in CIM data models?

0 Karma

test_qweqwe
Builder

Yes, you are right!
I fixed the title of the question so now people can understand what I mean, my bad english 🙂

0 Karma

jerryzhao
Contributor

what logs are fortigate reporting? any traffic logs? by the way, have you disabled the other fortigate TA that came with Enterprise Security package and then installed our add-on?

0 Karma

test_qweqwe
Builder

Oh, I did not know that Enterprise Security already have fortigate TA. Okay, when I will be able to turn it off on the next working day. I will report there what I will got.

About logs - any traffic logs.

0 Karma

test_qweqwe
Builder

Hmmm, maybe I'm blind or not understand something, but there is no default TA fortigate with EE.
http://prntscr.com/h5p7hu (screenshot)

0 Karma

jerryzhao
Contributor

that's fine. can you get anything with search sourcetype=fgt_traffic or sourcetype=fgt_event or sourcetype=fgt_utm?
i noticed you installed our app as well. does the app show any data on dashboards?

0 Karma

test_qweqwe
Builder

Sourcetype=fgt_traffic and sourcetype=fgt_event worked in search. They even was in Data Summary in the tab "sourcetype". About sourcetype=fgt_utm: in Data Summary was not, in search not tried and right now I can't test it.
About dashboards, when i tried by this list:

Security Domain->Access->Access Center
Security Domain->Endpoint->Malware Center
Security Domain->Network->Traffic Center
Security Domain->Network->Intrusion Center
Security Domain->Network->Web Center
Security Domain->Network->Network Changes
Security Domain->Network->Port & Protocol Tracker
Security Domain->Identity->Session Center

There was data in few dashboards.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...