All Apps and Add-ons

Forecasting in Splunk - Linear Regression, Centered Moving Averages, Logistic Regression

MayurSplunk
Explorer

How good is Splunk in terms of forecasting and comfort to separate Train Dataset and Test data set from same source data. Do we also get r2 and p value information to validate model under consideration

0 Karma

aoliner_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit has a forecasting assistant with all the features you're asking about: withholding, validation statistics, and operationalization options.

alt text

MayurSplunk
Explorer

Thanks mate.
Is there any way to also investigate p values

0 Karma

aoliner_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In the context of forecasting, where you have only one time series, are making only one forecast, and are not making assumptions about the distribution of the underlying data, p-values have dubious value. We decided not to build it into the assistant.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...