All Apps and Add-ons

Flow Map Viz Node Layer Order

ebythomaspanick
Explorer

Hi,

@chrisyounger 

I'm trying to create a flow diagram(usingFlow Map Viz) with couple of nodes and want to draw a node to show grouping of couple of nodes(kind of like a boundary box with less opacity). I can see that the 'boundary box' node in some cases lies on top of the other nodes and in some cases the other nodes lies above the boundary. Noticed this because when you mouse over the node, instead of the node tooltip, I see the tooltip of the boundary box.

Is there a way to ensure that the boundary box node lies below all other nodes? Ie. Ensure correct order of layer

Regards,

Eby

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ebythomaspanick 

This is a bit of a limitation of the viz that getting specific layering can be difficult/impossible. 

You can ensure correct order of nodes only. On your "node" data rows, include an "order" field. This is the stacking order of the node. Defaults to 50. Lower numbers stack under higher numbers.

Unfortunately nodes will overlay link labels and there isnt an easy way to fix this.   I will try update the code soon to allow for nodes to appear in the background.

All the best,

Chris

View solution in original post

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ebythomaspanick 

This is a bit of a limitation of the viz that getting specific layering can be difficult/impossible. 

You can ensure correct order of nodes only. On your "node" data rows, include an "order" field. This is the stacking order of the node. Defaults to 50. Lower numbers stack under higher numbers.

Unfortunately nodes will overlay link labels and there isnt an easy way to fix this.   I will try update the code soon to allow for nodes to appear in the background.

All the best,

Chris

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have updated the Flow Map viz (to version 1.4.9) so that you can now stack nodes underneath everything else by setting the "order" field to a negative value.  

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4657/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...