All Apps and Add-ons

Fix Python Compatibility issues with Eventgen?

pavanae
Builder

Hello, 

I have installed a Eventgen App from Splunk base to our Heavy forwarder. The following are the details

SA-EVENTGEN Version :- 7.2.1

Splunk Version :- 8.1.1

After installation. I am seeing the follow error messages related to the eventgen

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "/cs/splunk/forwarder/bin/python3.7 /cs/splunk/forwarder/etc/apps/SA-Eventgen/bin/eventgen.py" SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print('\n\nCaught kill, exiting...')?

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "/cs/splunk/forwarder/bin/python3.7 /cs/splunk/forwarder/etc/apps/SA-Eventgen/bin/eventgen.py"   

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "/cs/splunk/forwarder/bin/python3.7 /cs/splunk/forwarder/etc/apps/SA-Eventgen/bin/eventgen.py"     print '\n\nCaught kill, exiting...'

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "/cs/splunk/forwarder/bin/python3.7 /cs/splunk/forwarder/etc/apps/SA-Eventgen/bin/eventgen.py"   File "/cs/splunk/forwarder/etc/apps/SA-Eventgen/bin/eventgen.py", line 113

Does anyone face the similar issue with SA-Eventgen? Looks like the Python version in Eventgen is no compatible or having some issues. 

Any idea on how to troubleshoot or resolve these issues?

Labels (4)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...