All Apps and Add-ons

Filter IP Range for Multi-Tenant

jaxjohnny2000
Builder

We have an IDS which serves multiple customers. How can I use eStreamer to pull data from the IPS, but only bring back certain IP ranges. We do not want to mix customer data.

0 Karma
1 Solution

douglashurd
Builder

eStreamer doesn't have the smarts i the server side (the FMC) of the API to filter event data. The FMC does support multiple domains so if you have multiple IDS devices you could place them in different domains and use separate estreamer clients (like encore) to collect each customers data.

Other solutions would involve filtering of data on the client side but you'd still be collecting all events for which the policy is set to generate events.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

douglashurd
Builder

eStreamer doesn't have the smarts i the server side (the FMC) of the API to filter event data. The FMC does support multiple domains so if you have multiple IDS devices you could place them in different domains and use separate estreamer clients (like encore) to collect each customers data.

Other solutions would involve filtering of data on the client side but you'd still be collecting all events for which the policy is set to generate events.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...