All Apps and Add-ons

Failed to Index Data && SSL CERT. VERIFY FAILED on Splunk Add-on For Tenable

rasty
Path Finder

Hi everyone,

I have two problems.

First one, SSL CERT. VERIFY FAILED:

2018-03-19 05:49:04,496 +0000 log_level=ERROR, pid=32002, tid=Thread-6, file=ta_tenable_sc_data_collector.py, func_name=_do_job_one_time, code_line_no=61 | [stanza_name="deneme_input2" data="sc_vulnerability" server="Deneme_SERVER"] [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verification failed. The certificate validation is enabled. You may need to check the certificate and refer to the documentation and add it to the trust list.

I followed these steps but not working for me 😞 >> https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/Nessus/Troubleshoot

Second one, Failed To Index Data:

2018-03-19 05:50:38,496 +0000 log_level=ERROR, pid=32002, tid=Thread-5, file=ta_data_collector.py, func_name=index_data, code_line_no=118 | [stanza_name="deneme_input2" data="sc_vulnerability" server="Deneme_SERVER"] Failed to index data
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_nessus/bin/splunk_ta_nessus/splunktaucclib/data_collection/ta_data_collector.py", line 115, in index_data
    self._do_safe_index()
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_nessus/bin/splunk_ta_nessus/splunktaucclib/data_collection/ta_data_collector.py", line 148, in _do_safe_index
    self._client = self._create_data_client()
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_nessus/bin/splunk_ta_nessus/splunktaucclib/data_collection/ta_data_collector.py", line 95, in _create_data_client
    self._checkpoint_manager)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_nessus/bin/splunk_ta_nessus/splunktaucclib/data_collection/ta_data_client.py", line 55, in __init__
    self._ckpt)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_nessus/bin/splunk_ta_nessus/ta_tenable_sc_data_collector.py", line 18, in do_job_one_time
    return _do_job_one_time(all_conf_contents, task_config, ckpt)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_nessus/bin/splunk_ta_nessus/ta_tenable_sc_data_collector.py", line 62, in _do_job_one_time
    raise Exception
Exception
Collapse

Honestly, I do not know what should I do for this problem 😞

0 Karma
1 Solution

rasty
Path Finder
0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

One possible reason is that you didn't change your default permissions in Nessus. Change your permissions from Not access to Can view.

For SSL:
Is it working proper if we disable SSL??

local/nessus.conf

[tenable_sc_settings]
 disable_ssl_certificate_validation = 0

rasty
Path Finder

thanks for your answer @p_gurav. But Which permissions ? if account that ı used to access from splunk to SecurityCenter, this account have security manager role. So, have permissions.

And local/nessus.conf path on SecurityCenter Server? or on Splunk Server ?

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

local/nessus.conf path on Splunk Server

0 Karma

rasty
Path Finder

thanks for your answers @p_gurav. I solved problem with theese steps: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/584167/-splunk-add-on-for-tenable-how-can-i-resolve-basic.html

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please mark the question as answered, perhaps with the answer you found 🙂

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Happy to help!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...