All Apps and Add-ons

F5 add-on support for Splunk 7?

itradeclayton
Path Finder

Any idea when this add-on will work in Splunk Enterprise 7?

The add-on installs but the "Add Server" button doesn't work.

0 Karma

arnokuijper

Hi, anybody got an answer yet from Splunk or... I can see in the app the HTML parts of the views are not working. Anyone any success modifying this so at least you can create a config?

0 Karma

itradeclayton
Path Finder

I've opened a support ticket with them and escalated it to engineering. It doesn't seem like this is a high priority for them at the moment and there is no ETA.

0 Karma

arnokuijper

Nope.. guess not.. But found out we only needed the TCP inputs so only needed the TA for the sourcetypes and so.. And that's working fine..

0 Karma

itradeclayton
Path Finder

I would like to pull data via iControl API for things like traffic statistics etc. I think that's broken until they fix the UI issue as I've not found a way to add a load balancer to the app via CLI.

I'm thinking about using the modular SNMP input for this but finding all the right SNMP OID's is a pain.

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

hey you can use filter splunk version option and input the app you want to see and check if its supported by splunk 7:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/apps/#/version/7.0

0 Karma

itradeclayton
Path Finder

Thanks but I saw this already. There are may add-ons/apps that aren't listed as compatible with 7 that actually are. I've contacted Splunk support about it and there is an existing bug in the system but they could not provide an ETA or workaround to me yet.

Seems like we should be able to configure this via CLI perhaps I'm just not sure how.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...