All Apps and Add-ons

F5 App report errors

p070678

I have installed the F5 access app for splunk and everything is working correctly except some of the pre-existing reports.
If I click on "Access policy manager / Session / Session variables summary" I get the following error page
***************Error page******************
404 Not Found

Return to Splunk home page

Splunk cannot find the "search" view.
This page was linked to from http://nlpasplunk-1:8000/en-US/app/F5AccessApp/all_data_dashboard.

I feel like the links are wrong in the App. A little guidance on what to look at would be very helpfull.

0 Karma
1 Solution

dmaislin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It turns out the the F5 App developers were over zealous when they updated the searches as every search now leverages the search.xml view and does not reference the flashtimeline.xml view. If you were to copy the view from the flashtimeline.xml to search.xml it will work:

For example:
Copy: $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/default/data/ui/views/flashtimeline.xml

to

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/"F5APPNAME"/local/data/ui/views/search.xml

Restart the search head or do a EN-US/debug/refresh and retry the app it will work.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dmaislin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It turns out the the F5 App developers were over zealous when they updated the searches as every search now leverages the search.xml view and does not reference the flashtimeline.xml view. If you were to copy the view from the flashtimeline.xml to search.xml it will work:

For example:
Copy: $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/default/data/ui/views/flashtimeline.xml

to

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/"F5APPNAME"/local/data/ui/views/search.xml

Restart the search head or do a EN-US/debug/refresh and retry the app it will work.

0 Karma

dmaislin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This answer is for those that run the 5.x release of Splunk only. 6.x will work just fine.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...