All Apps and Add-ons

Export Option for Individual Panel having base search?

sarvesh_11
Communicator

Hello Splunkers,

Lets assume my dashboard contains 10 panels and all are having the same base search associated with them, now I need an export option (downward arrow, to export when we hover over panel) for all individual panels.

Also, that downward arrow can export either in csv, json or xml, what if my panel visualization is having some custom visualization like pie chart, line graph or donut, etc etc..

How can i export these panels individually, with the same visual?

sarvesh_11_0-1624519246259.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sarvesh_11,

at first, if you have a Post Process Search, the export button is disabled, so you have to open in search the Panel and then you can export results in csv, json, etc...

I don't understand if you want to export the results of a Panel or the data that generated the chart in theat Panel.

If you want to exactly export the results of the panel, as I said, you have to open in search and then export the results.

If instead you want to export the data that generated a chart in the Panel, you can open in search the Panel and then manually modifying the search, otherwise, you have to create a new Panel displaying the information (fields) you want for those results, then the mechanism is the same: open in search and export.

In other words: you can export (without modifying) exactly the results of the panel, then using Post Process Search you have always to open in search and then export.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

sarvesh_11
Communicator

Hey @gcusello ,

Firstly i guess i confused you by mentioning that downward arrow.

What i actually want is, to export the panel as it is, what we are viewing on dashboard. Like we have Export option (Export Pdf), on dashboard head, that takes the image of the complete dashboard and saves in pdf, likewise, we want to export the individual panels, just on 1 click on dashboard, not going to open in search and doing all things.

Is it possible?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sarvesh_11,

sorry no! for my knoledge the only way to have the images of the panels is the Dashboard Export in pdf, but in this way you export all the dashboard.

As a workaround, you can open in search the panel and then in search visualize the chart in panel, but, as I said, it's only a porkaround!

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...