All Apps and Add-ons

Exchange 2019 - How to configure Edge Transport servers?

gshortencarrier

I am running a trial of The App for Microsoft Exchange, for Exchange 2019 on premises. 2 Mailbox Servers and 4 Edge servers. The Mailbox role servers are pulling data fine, but not the Edges. Is there a specific input or documentation for Edge Transport Role?

The only mention I see of Edge servers in documentation is to enable message tracking on them (has already been done, and is the main thing I want out of Splunk for this), but not which addon to use.

There is no TA- specifically for Edge Transport servers. I tried using the TA-Exchange-Mailbox for the edge servers, but I'm not seeing anything from them. I chose that because the documentation for HubTransport says it is for Exchange 2010 and older. I will give HubTransport a try, but While I set that up, if anyone already knows, thanks!

0 Karma

mjohnson_rq
Loves-to-Learn

Long shot given how old this post is, but I'm in a similar situation with 2016 servers. Did you figure out if the hub transport TA worked for newer versions?

0 Karma

DanielPi

Hi @mjohnson_rq -

I’m a Community Moderator in the Splunk Community. 
This question was posted 4 years ago, so it might not get the attention you need for your question to be answered. We recommend that you post a new question so that your issue can get the  visibility it deserves. To increase your chances of getting help from the community, follow these guidelines in the Splunk Answers User Manual when creating your post.

Thank you! 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...