All Apps and Add-ons

Event for Label Clicking

aelliott
Motivator

Within the Splunk Web Framework there needs to be a click:label event that is fired everytime a label is clicked on a chart.

When there are very small slivers of a pie chart for example or on a bar chart the slivers may not be there if the number is small enough.
It would be much easier to fire off an event based on the word that stays the same size.
This may be in d3.js charts, but I think it would be a great addition to the oob django charts.

1 Solution

magnew_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

HI aelliott,

That's not a bad idea. I've filed a feature request for it. Thanks for the input!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

magnew_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

HI aelliott,

That's not a bad idea. I've filed a feature request for it. Thanks for the input!

0 Karma

shreyans
Path Finder

Can you also put a request to change label text while rendering any chart, See http://answers.splunk.com/answers/189183/bar-chart-x-axis-label-text-change.html

Let me know if there is any existing way of doing so

0 Karma

dfoster_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Callout labels on pie chart slices can now be clicked in the development version of Splunk. Therefore you should see this functionality in the next Splunk release.

The label clicks come through on the regular "click" event.

aelliott
Motivator

I also think that it should show the name of the label on hover, as that one label that is super long, you will not know what it says unless you hover over the bar.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...