All Apps and Add-ons

Errors seen after setup of Splunk App for Dropbox

adalbor
Builder

I recently setup the Splunk App for Dropbox on a HF in our environment.
I saved the Oauth token and configured the index as needed on my indexer cluster.
I am seeing this error in the _internal logs for that app though and no data is being populated.

10-17-2019 12:41:50.271 -0500 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk-app-dropbox/bin/dfb.py" ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

Any suggestions to resolve?

0 Karma
1 Solution

adalbor
Builder

Thanks for the advice @gaurav_maniar. It spurred a thought process to check our proxy.

It was blocking the calls to the Dropbox API. Everything is working now, thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

adalbor
Builder

Thanks for the advice @gaurav_maniar. It spurred a thought process to check our proxy.

It was blocking the calls to the Dropbox API. Everything is working now, thanks!

0 Karma

gaurav_maniar
Builder

I have converted my comment as answer.
It would be great if you can accept my answer and up-vote it.

happy splunking......!!!

gaurav_maniar
Builder

Hi,

Please share more error logs from the script.

The JSON error means, somewhere in the script dfb.py its is not able parse a variable as JSON or is not having JSON data.
Most probably, it is not able to connect to your dropbox or it's not able to authenticate.

0 Karma

adalbor
Builder

Bumping the post

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...