All Apps and Add-ons

Error when running "hash" command: Specified salt file "****" does not exist

ern89
Loves-to-Learn

Hi all,,

working with the "Crypto and Encoding Add-On" from splunkBase, I can't manage to make it work on my environment.

The "hash" command specifically fails when using the "salt" option, like the following:

"| hash algorithm=sha256 salt=test_salt test_field"

When removing the salt option, this works just fine, but I really need to add the salt to it for my use case.

The returned error is the following:

ValueError at "/cs/splunk/search/etc/apps/TA-cryptosuite/bin/hash.py", line 122 : Specified salt file "test_salt" does not exist. Please check the spelling of your specified salt name or your configured salts.

I created the entry in the "Key and Salt Management" dashboard, but with no success.
I wonder what it could be, since roles and accesses to the app are all open.

Any help here would be really appreciated.
Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Optimize Cloud Monitoring

TECH TALKS Optimize Cloud Monitoring Tuesday, August 13, 2024  |  11:00AM–12:00PM PST   Register to ...

What's New in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.2.2403?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.2.2403! Analysts can ...

Stay Connected: Your Guide to July and August Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Dive into our sizzling summer lineup for July and August Community Office Hours and Tech Talks. Scroll down to ...