All Apps and Add-ons

Error when configuring the Splunk Add-on for Atlassian JIRA Alerts

mikaelbje
Motivator

Getting the following error in the setup page:

Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/splunk-add-on-jira-alerts/admin/jira_alerts_install/jira

All credentials are entered in the input boxes.

splunkd.log shows:

ERROR AdminManagerExternal - Stack trace from python handler:\nTraceback (most recent call last):\n  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/admin.py", line 70, in init\n    hand.execute(info)\n  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/admin.py", line 530, in execute\n    if self.requestedAction == ACTION_EDIT:     self.handleEdit(confInfo)\n  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk-add-on-jira-alerts/bin/jira_alerts_install_endpoint.py", line 41, in handleEdit\n    if not validate_jira_settings(jira_settings):\n  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk-add-on-jira-alerts/bin/jira_helpers.py", line 22, in validate_jira_settings\n    timeout=10\n  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 763, in json\n    return json.loads(self.text, **kwargs)\n  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 338, in loads\n    return _default_decoder.decode(s)\n  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode\n    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())\n  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode\n    raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")\nValueError: No JSON object could be decoded\n

Any ideas?

0 Karma

muralindia

I am using Splunk cloud and Jira cloud:

I give the below details in splunk, get the error :Encountered the following error while trying to update: Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/splunk-add-on-jira-alerts/admin/jira_alerts_install/jira

JIRA Alert Actions
Configure JIRA Alert Actions
Server
Server Base URL
https://splunkatlas.atlassian.net/

JIRA Username

JIRA Password

Since Splunk cloud and Jira cloud both on cloud, I dont think there is any firewall in between is causing the problem or could be. Any similar experience advise would help.

Thanks!.

0 Karma

oumukoro
Engager

I need a solution to this too. I'm having the same problem and all my credentials are correct.

0 Karma

Nicolo_Figiani
Path Finder

That issue is related to the lack of communication between your splunk instance and Jira. Make sure the baseurl you specified in the addon is right. You can troubleshoot this using telnet, curl from the Splunk CLI. It happened to me as well, then the network team opened the FW in the middle. After that no more error and the integration with Jira working charmingly..

Hope it helps..

0 Karma

jeremyhaggard
Explorer

I have run into the same problem trying to get JIRA configured

"Encountered the following error while
trying to update: In handler
'localapps': Error while posting to
url=/servicesNS/nobody/splunk-add-on-jira-alerts/admin/jira_alerts_install/jira"

I'm still looking for a solution, if anyone found a way to get it to work please share!

Thanks!!

0 Karma

amalkapuram

Was anyone able to figure out the solution? Please let me know. Thanks!

0 Karma

nawneel
Communicator

HI

i am also facing the same issue. Did anyone got any answers ?

0 Karma

tweaktubbie
Communicator

Is there anyone who has got it configured/working, and share which passwords.conf or app.conf works?
That way perhaps configuring it on the prompt instead of UI may work? (also looked at this question, bit related)

0 Karma

dponcelow_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It's looking like this is a error-handling problem with the app- when I fill the URL out with known good values it behaves as expected. When I supply an incorrect hostname or username I get this message. I'll submit a bug against this code, but you may be able to get past by double-checking your connection information.

0 Karma

mikaelbje
Motivator

Just asked my client to verify that they have connectivity between the SH and the Jira server. The credentials are supposedly correct, so it could be a network issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...