All Apps and Add-ons

Error when configuring DB Connect 3.1.4 and Oracle Wallets.

wittenst1234
Explorer

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a DB Connect connection that uses Oracle Wallets, but keep running into the following error:

PKI classes not found. To use 'connect /' functionality, oraclepki.jar must be in the classpath: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/security/pki/OracleWallet

I've put the osdt_cert.jar, osdt_core.jar, ojdbc8.jar and oraclepki.jar in the splunk_app_db_connect/drivers directory, and I've tried several entries to put the above files in the java classpath via the General --> JVM Options in the GUI but nothing has seemed to work.

If you have any suggestions on how to resolve the above error, please let me know. Thanks

Dan

0 Karma
1 Solution

wittenst1234
Explorer

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

To resolve the above issue, we ended up having to do the following:

• Whichever Oracle driver that you use (ojdbc8.jar, etc), put that file in the drivers dir: /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers
  • Create another directory called this: /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/ojdbc8-libs
  • If you're using the version 7 of the drivers, then name it /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/ojdbc7-libs instead. If you're using version 6, ojdbc6-libs should work as well
  • Put the following jar files in this new directory: oraclepki.jar osdt_cert.jar osdt_core.jar

You will probably also need to do the following:

• Modify the java.security for the java version that you're using. It will typically be in the following location: /jre/lib/security/java.security
  • If you are using the sso wallet (cwallet.sso), add an entry for the OraclePKIProvider towards the bottom of the provider list (the list that begins with security.provider.1, etc). Ex:

security.provider.7=oracle.security.pki.OraclePKIProvider

• If you are using the PCS12 wallet (ewallet.p12), that needs to go in the third spot in the same list. Ex:

security.provider.3=oracle.security.pki.OraclePKIProvider

• Make sure to renumber the rest of the providers below it if using this method (4, 5, 6, etc).

That should get you past the error above, but you might encounter other issues with configuring Oracle Wallets. If you run into other issues, let me know and I'll see what I can post. It might be easier for me to post the whole thing, let me know

Thanks

Dan

View solution in original post

0 Karma

abhullar_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@wittenst1234 Thank you. These worked great.

0 Karma

wittenst1234
Explorer

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

To resolve the above issue, we ended up having to do the following:

• Whichever Oracle driver that you use (ojdbc8.jar, etc), put that file in the drivers dir: /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers
  • Create another directory called this: /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/ojdbc8-libs
  • If you're using the version 7 of the drivers, then name it /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/ojdbc7-libs instead. If you're using version 6, ojdbc6-libs should work as well
  • Put the following jar files in this new directory: oraclepki.jar osdt_cert.jar osdt_core.jar

You will probably also need to do the following:

• Modify the java.security for the java version that you're using. It will typically be in the following location: /jre/lib/security/java.security
  • If you are using the sso wallet (cwallet.sso), add an entry for the OraclePKIProvider towards the bottom of the provider list (the list that begins with security.provider.1, etc). Ex:

security.provider.7=oracle.security.pki.OraclePKIProvider

• If you are using the PCS12 wallet (ewallet.p12), that needs to go in the third spot in the same list. Ex:

security.provider.3=oracle.security.pki.OraclePKIProvider

• Make sure to renumber the rest of the providers below it if using this method (4, 5, 6, etc).

That should get you past the error above, but you might encounter other issues with configuring Oracle Wallets. If you run into other issues, let me know and I'll see what I can post. It might be easier for me to post the whole thing, let me know

Thanks

Dan

0 Karma

Matheus_Vieira
Explorer

Thank you very very much! It worked just fine! cmwin2 and I were having a hard time attempting to make it work and the only missing piece to the puzzle was the ojdbc8-lib directory 🙂

0 Karma

wittenst1234
Explorer

You're welcome, happy to help! If you or cmwin2 can mark or vote for the solution, please do

0 Karma

Matheus_Vieira
Explorer

Yes, just did it.

0 Karma

cmwin2
Engager

We're you able to find a solution to this? Seeking a solution to this problem as well. We're stumped.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...