All Apps and Add-ons

Error shown as part of props.conf

ppurokit
Path Finder

Hi All,

Recently i download the "Splunk for F5 Access" app and installed into into my Splunk Box.

Whenever i restart the splunk process I see the following Configuration Warning

Checking filesystem compatibility... Done

Possible typo in stanza [firepass_log] in /home/splunk/etc/apps/firepass/default/props.conf, line 6: TRANSFORM  =  firepass-host
            There might be typos in your conf files. For more information, run 'splunk btool check --debug'
    Checking conf files for typos...        Done

All preliminary checks passed.

Content of Props.conf:

[firepass_log]
KV_MODE = none
TIME_FORMAT = %b%d%H:%M:%S
TRANSFORM = firepass_host
REPORT-sid = firepass-host,firepass_term_host_prt,firepass_login_src,firepass_failed_valid,firepass_failed_invalid,firepass_sid_full,firepass_sid_full_condensed,firepass_sid,firepass_sid_kv,firepass_access_type,firepass_remote,firepass_intrusion,firepass_app_tunnel_remote_host,firepass_user_domain,firepass_logon_denied

Transforms.conf

[firepass_host]
DEST_KEY = MetaData:Host
REGEX = (\d+\.\d+.\d+.\d+)
FORMAT = host::$1

Can someone please help me here to find whats the issue is ?

0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

As you see it highlights the part where we have the error in the syntax.

Props.conf requires the Transform- instead only Transform is provided in the setting which is throwing the error during validation. Make it

[firepass_log]
KV_MODE = none
TIME_FORMAT = %b%d%H:%M:%S
TRANSFORMS-firepass = firepass_host

this should fix the error.

linu1988
Champion

did you restart splunk? it shouldn't find the same error after changing, coz that wouldn't be there at all

0 Karma

ppurokit
Path Finder

Hi Linu1988,

I tried as you said also. Still have the same problem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...