All Apps and Add-ons

Error in the search results of AWS S3 Access logs in Splunk

abheeks
New Member

Hi,
We are currently facing issues in the incoming logs for AWS S3 Access logs. We have used the Splunk Add - On for Amazon Web Services to input the logs using recommended SQS & SNS method.We are using the Heavy Forwarder to take the input using the AWS Add-On
But we are seeing in the search results that different events are getting clubbed into one event and are not getting delimited into different events and the field extractions are also not working properly.
The Splunk is running on the Linux RHEL 7.3

We are using the below versions :
Splunk version = 6.6.3
Splunk Add-on for Amazon Web Services version = 4.4.0

Please suggest how to resolve this

0 Karma

abheeks
New Member

Hi All,

The issues is resolved now. We have tried to set the SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false in the props.conf in local of the AWS add on . After that we found that the events are getting separated into different events and timestamps.

[aws:s3:accesslogs]
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false

Thanks,
Abheek

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...