All Apps and Add-ons

Error in 'SearchParser': Hadoop Ops App

manus2

Hi,

We are getting this error after installing "Hadoop ops" app.

Error in 'SearchParser': Could not find macro 'hadoop_mr_summary_table' that takes 0 arguments. Expecting stanza name 'hadoop_mr_summary_table'.
Error in 'SearchParser': Could not find macro 'hadoop_task_summary_table' that takes 0 arguments. Expecting stanza name 'hadoop_task_summary_table'.
Error in 'SearchParser': Could not find macro 'hadoop_job_summary_table' that takes 0 arguments. Expecting stanza name 'hadoop_job_summary_table'.

We had installed splunk_for_hadoopops & Splunk_TA_hadoopops in /opt/splunk/etc/apps

We had added /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_for_hadoopops/local/inputs.conf with the help of inputs.conf.cdh3.example.

Edited /opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_hadoopops/default/eventgen.conf with correct and splunk port and password.

But still we are getting the error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

lyuanlai_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

a quickfix worth trying is running this search query in 'HadoopOps'->'Search'

"|savedsearch __generate_lookup_hadoop_host2hdfs"

You should see a message like "Results written to file '/opt/splunk/etc/apps/SA-HadoopOps/lookups/hadoop_host2hdfs.csv'". If this works, same trick for host2mapred:

"|savedsearch __generate_lookup_hadoop_host2mapred"

View solution in original post

lyuanlai_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can you paste the related parts from '/opt/splunk/etc/apps/SA-HadoopOps/default/macros.conf'?

0 Karma

manus2

Splunk: 5.0.3
splunk_app_hadoopops-1.1.1-158225
Hadoop: Cloudera CDH3u1
OS: Ubuntu 32 bit. Is there any issues when we use 32 bit OS?

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Sorry that you are having trouble. Can you provide some more information?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...