All Apps and Add-ons

Error Message when Installing VMware App

jrsanders
Path Finder

I'm trying to install the Splunk App for VMware. I unzip the file in the Splunk home directory, and verified that all the files and folders are there. Afterwards I restarted the Splunk service. I have joined the admin account to the splunk_vmware_admin and the splunk_vmware_user groups. Lastly I clicked the app drop down menu and selected VMware. The next screen ask you to configure the app. I selected the defaults and got the following error message.

"Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'localapps': Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/splunk_for_vmware/admin/splunk_for_vmware/general_settings"

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this issue, but I'm sure it just something I over looked. Has anyone else seen this?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jrsanders
Path Finder

Just figured what I did wrong. When I unzip the file I was under the "root" user. I had to change ownership to the "splunk" user which then opened everything up. A silly mistake on my side.

View solution in original post

jrsanders
Path Finder

Just figured what I did wrong. When I unzip the file I was under the "root" user. I had to change ownership to the "splunk" user which then opened everything up. A silly mistake on my side.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...