All Apps and Add-ons

Error Bars/Variance range for each point on a line graph

tiberious726
Path Finder

I would like to generate a line graph wherein each data data point has an error bar/variance range represented. Something along the lines of:

_              _

|              |
_        -----o--------------o
|   ---/      |              |
o--/          _              _
|
_

I am aware that I could simply graph them as three different series, however this solution scales terribly when trying to represent many such series on the same graph. Do I really need to pull the data out of splunk and use another graphing program?

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

you can easily show the lines you want with a line chart -- here's a blog post with examples and links to the commands for doing so. blogs.splunk.com/2012/11/04/predict-detect/

to visualize the data with something more advanced than a line chart you'll need to look into how to leverage other visualization libraries in Splunk; I know there are examples in some apps, but I can't talk to how they work.

Jack

tiberious726
Path Finder

Does Sideview allow for this?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...