All Apps and Add-ons

Encountered the following error while trying to update: Splunkd daemon is not responding: (u"Error connecting to /servicesNS/nobody/Splunk_TA_snow/apps/local/Splunk_TA_snow/setup: ('The read operation timed out',)",)

saicharankurri
Engager

Hello All,

I have the following error:

Encountered the following error while trying to update: Splunkd daemon is not responding: (u"Error connecting to /servicesNS/nobody/Splunk_TA_snow/apps/local/Splunk_TA_snow/setup: ('The read operation timed out',)",)

I have been trying from past hour refreshing, restart and log out (I'm testing this in my local Splunk version) but none of them seem to work.

I am on windows machine if that is something we should consider.

Can some one please help me out with this error.

Thanks

rajindurbal
Path Finder

Try to run the following command to see if you can find out what is causing the issue.

index=_internal source="*splunkd.log" AdminManagerExternal

0 Karma

dr5mn
Explorer

Hi

Getting the same when trying to change or update a local event log collection.

I started out by setting up local logging. I selected all possible windows events - perhaps this was a bit too eager as it zapped up my entire free quota for the day. 

I then tried to remove some event types, but have been getting that error ever since.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

dr5mn_0-1648152330818.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...