All Apps and Add-ons

Empty Search Results useing Splunk for DNS

hartfoml
Motivator

I am useing Splunk for DNS on Searchhead version 6.x
I have indexers on 5.x
is the APP I get no results form the searches but if i copy the search to the search app they all work fine.

Here are the debug messages:

The following messages were returned by the search subsystem:

• DEBUG: BatchMode search is disabled because at least one search peer does not support it.
• DEBUG: [1-46.Mynetwork] Adjusting search for peers with version (4.3.1): new remote search = 'litsearch index=network sourcetype=dns | litsearch index=network sourcetype="dns" | search named_domain!="*.arpa" | eval named_domain=lower(named_domain) | addinfo type=count label=prereport_events | fields keepcolorder=t "cvp_reserved_count" "named_domain" | pretop 10 named_domain', additional local search = ''
• DEBUG: [1-46.Mynetwork] search context: user="admin", app="sec-one_dns", bs-pathname="/opt/splunk/var/run/searchpeers/5-46-1389376147"
• DEBUG: [2-46.Mynetwork] search context: user="admin", app="sec-one_dns", bs-pathname="/opt/splunk/var/run/searchpeers/5-46-1389376147"
• DEBUG: [3-46.Mynetwork] search context: user="admin", app="sec-one_dns", bs-pathname="/opt/splunk/var/run/searchpeers/5-46-1389376147"
• DEBUG: [6-17.Mynetwork] Adjusting search for peers with version (4.3.6): new remote search = 'litsearch index=network sourcetype=dns | litsearch index=network sourcetype="dns" | search named_domain!="*.arpa" | eval named_domain=lower(named_domain) | addinfo type=count label=prereport_events | fields keepcolorder=t "cvp_reserved_count" "named_domain" | pretop 10 named_domain', additional local search = ''
• DEBUG: [6-17.Mynetwork] search context: user="admin", app="sec-one_dns", bs-pathname="/opt/splunk/var/run/searchpeers/5-46-1389376147"
• DEBUG: [01.MyotherNetwork] Adjusting search for peers with version (5.0.1): new remote search = 'litsearch index=network sourcetype=dns | litsearch index=network sourcetype="dns" | search named_domain!="*.arpa" | eval named_domain=lower(named_domain) | addinfo type=count label=prereport_events | fields keepcolorder=t "cvp_reserved_count" "named_domain" | pretop 10 named_domain', additional local search = ''
• DEBUG: [01.MyotherNetwork] search context: user="admin", app="sec-one_dns", bs-pathname="/opt/splunk/var/run/searchpeers/5-46-1389376147"
• DEBUG: [02.MyotherNetwork] search context: user="admin", app="sec-one_dns", bs-pathname="/opt/splunk/var/run/searchpeers/5-46-1389376147"
• DEBUG: base lispy: [ AND index::network sourcetype::dns ]
• DEBUG: search context: user="admin", app="sec-one_dns", bs-pathname="/opt/splunk/etc"

Is there something I can do to get this working?
Why does it work in search but not the DNS App

0 Karma

Defensive-ISS

Splunk has change the way search works. I will be updating the application soon.

0 Karma

hartfoml
Motivator

Also I tried useing the Search Bar in the DNS App and I can not search any of the DNS data.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...